Syntactic TheoryStudents are always welcome to meet with me for help or enrichment. Email me to set up a time.
- HW1: Taken from Carnie chapter 3 exercises:
- GPS6 English: choose 8 sentences
- GPS13 Hixkaryana: 1-6
- GPS14: Dutch
- HW2: Give a TAG analysis of at least 5 of the sentences from HW1
- HW3: TAGs and DGs
- HW4: LFG and MGs
- HW5: LFG
Handouts and Slides
Links, papers, etc. mentioned in Lab
- TAG and DG connection: Kuhlmann 2013: Mildly Non-Projective Dependency Grammar
- Minimalist Grammars original formulation: Stabler 1997: Derivational Minimalism
- Regular tree grammar version of MGs: Kobele et al 2007: An automata-theoretic approach to minimalism
- My paper on the parsing complexity of MGs: Fowlie and Koller 2017: Parsing Minimalist Languages with Interpreted Regular Tree Grammars
This course is offered in the spring of 2018.